Department – Finance
Start Date – January 2024
Reporting to – Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller
Job Type – 15 to 18 months fixed term contract
Sumi Agro Europe are seeking a Group Accountant for a full-time (contract) hybrid role located in London. The Group Accountant will be responsible for managing the accounting functions of Sumi Agro Europe Limited groups. The role will involve preparing statutory accounts, maintaining consolidated balance sheets, liaising with auditors, and timely preparation of management accounts. The Group Accountant will also be expected to develop detailed processes and procedures to ensure adherence to accounting policies.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated Group results (P&L and Balance Sheet) for multiple Groups, including intercompany and other P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Reporting actual results for P&L and Balance Sheet, including comparison against budget and forecasts.
- Submission to shareholders of results and dealing with associated queries.
- Review of subsidiary/branch operating company results alongside communicating with local finance teams as required.
- Preparation of key reports for Board and GMC meetings.
- Preparation of the Group Business Plans (forecasting, budget, and plan), and key involvement in the review of individual subsidiary/branch operating company’s business plans.
- Responsible for the management and improvement of systems and processes surrounding Group consolidation, including the Group consolidation system Konsolidator.
- Involvement in supporting integrating new acquisitions and territories to the business, and to develop reporting for any new acquisitions to the Group.
- Supporting with investment analysis.
- Assisting with the year-end Group and solo company audit with external auditors.
- Creating and issuing new templates as required to Group operating companies.
- Providing support to the German Branch and other Group operating companies.
- Review immediate team members work as required, e.g. monthly Exchange Rates.
- Review and update of Group rules as required.
- Support the wider finance team with various projects.
- Complete quarterly and annual surveys for Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- Other Ad Hoc duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- A professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Strong technical accounting skills, with experience in IFRS, UK GAAP, and auditing
- Ability to manage complex accounting operations and work accurately to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the agricultural sector
- Experience in consolidated group accounts preparation and management
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and accounting software